Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Two Kids, One Parent









My parents left town today for my Uncle Robert's funeral which is tomorrow. We will be making the trip down and back tomorrow but for today I was the sole caregiver for Hailey and Logan. This was the first time only one person has watched both kids for a whole day.

Logan wanted to be held all day, crying anytime he wasn't, which made keeping Hailey entertained, educated, nourished, etc. a bit of a challenge. I'd like to say we all made it through in one piece but that would be overlooking the major elbow scrape Hailey got.

She was riding her trike this morning when she got stuck against the curb. She decided to climb off and before I could get to her she had tipped over and done some serious damage to the skin on her elbow. She cried but wanted to get back on so it wasn't that bad. I think it helped quite a bit that she could not get a good look at her elbow.

Tonight she managed to go all the way to the end of our street without incident, even getting halfway up the dead end hill.

Tonight Logan had a diaper blowout that caused a onesie to be tossed in the garbage after a futile attempt at salvaging. A larger size is on order.

One Year Ago - Bananas