Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bear vs. Orangutan








Last May we took Hailey to Como Zoo for the first time. She got to go again this June. Today she made her third visit and Logan went for the first time. Logan slept through just about everything, but Hailey had a good time.

Hailey has reached the point that she does not want to be in her stroller. It is great to see her walking everywhere but it does make navigating crowds a little more of a challenge. How will we deal with the State Fair?

Hailey and I had one of our funniest conversations yet while watching an orangutan. Hailey said "bear" and pointed at the orangutan. This was an improvement over the trip to the Minnesota Zoo in March where she kept calling the bears "bees," her word for stuffed animals.

I pointed and said orangutan. She repeated bear. I repeated orangutan. She kept getting saying the word bear with more and more confidence each time. Each time a little louder and with a little more firmness in her voice. I'm not sure which one of us had the last word but I know she "won."

This evening Logan started crying so I went to look in on him. Just a few minutes earlier he had been content laying on Hailey's old play mat, so that is where I expected to find him. When I looked into the room he was not there. I thought perhaps I had missed Christine moving him to the other blanket on the floor in the room but saw he was not there either. I looked back to the first mat and saw that he had pushed himself completely off the mat and gotten himself a foot away into the corner of the room with nowhere left to go.

One Year Ago - Bouncing in Exersaucer
Two Years Ago - Held Twice In The Same Day