Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day Two with Logan






























Day two was much better for Christine as some sleep overnight and subsiding pain levels allowed her to spend more alert time with Logan.

Breastfeeding attempts continued to prove unsuccessful during the morning so this afternoon a pump was brought in the room. Christine is feeding Logan what she gets with an eye dropper (to make sure he drinks it all) in addition to the formula.

Logan was taken to the basement of Children's for his car seat test and I made a trip home to post the Wednesday pictures. While I was away I missed a visit from Steve, one of the pastors at our church. I also missed the weekly IT check of the computer in the room and the window cleaners. Most importantly while I was gone Logan was wheeled back into the room having passed the car seat test. I did arrive to catch the tail end of the conversation with the woman handling the birth certificate and social security number paperwork.

Glucose testing wrapped up yesterday on Logan and today on Christine as both patients' tests were coming up normal. I'm not so sure about the decision to stop testing Christine's blood before she had at least one high carbohydrate meal but Christine is happy to have that behind her. She gladly downed the Mountain Dew I brought her from home.

Grandpa Bruce joined us in the room mid-afternoon.

This afternoon and evening, three of Hailey's nurses came to the room to visit Logan: Megan, Nichole and Loreen. We were also able to take Hailey over to the NICU lobby for a brief visit when my parents brought her this evening.

Our last visitors of the day were Uncle Craig and Aunt Terrie.

This evening Hailey was saying the word giraffe, the star animal in one of her new library books. She had a great time this evening reading in Grandma's lap, having Grandpa Ken hold her hands while she walked around the ward, and hitting the balloon that Craig and Terrie had brought.

After everyone left we were able to spend some time talking and holding Logan. Deciding we had nothing to prove and everything to gain from a decent night of sleep we once again sent Logan to the nursery overnight.

One Year Ago - Nine Times