This morning at 9am the data from the apnea and oximeter monitors was downloaded. The data looked good to the nurse but the final call on discontinuing the use of each needed to be made by a doctor. Dr. Gatto, Hailey's admitting doctor at the NICU, reviewed the numbers later this morning and gave the all clear.
After 130 nights of having wires attached to her little body, tonight will be her first night of total freedom. Not that we are letting her go completely unmonitored. This evening we turned on her BebeSounds Angelcare Monitor for the first time. It uses a sensor pad under her mattress to detect movement. If the monitor goes twenty seconds without detecting movement it alarms.
It is probably a little on the overprotective crazed parent side of things but I bought it when it looked like we were going home from the hospital without an apnea monitor. At the time the thought of going from round the clock hospital grade monitoring to nothing was a leap of faith I was not ready to take.
This afternoon Christine had an appointment with her allergy/asthma doctor. He was not willing to renew her medications again without seeing her so we made the appointment as late in the day as we could and I left work early to take care of Hailey. While I was getting her bottle ready Hailey's screaming reached a new pitch that I had not heard before. I assumed it was not really "new" but just something I had not heard yet. Then tonight she made the same sound and it was new to Christine as well. I am hoping I can take this as a sign her lungs are continuing to grow stronger.

