Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Synagis (RSV) Shot #5






4,000 grams = 8 pounds 13 ounces

Today Hailey received her fifth (and perhaps final) shot of Synagis. The combination of prayer, her mother's milk, near total isolation from the world and this drug have worked together to keep Hailey not only out of the hospital but completely healthy.

As part of the shot routine Hailey was weighed to determine the exact dose to be given and she has hit exactly 4,000 grams, which is over five and a half times her birth weight.

The one part of the routine that was different today is I had to hold Hailey for the shot. Christine has been here for the first four shots so this was my first time. I cannot say I enjoyed it but in retrospect it was better than when I have watched this or other shots in the past because I was able to hold her afterwords until she was calm again.