Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Saturday







Today we had a much happier baby.

The short term secret seems to be skipping the crib as much as possible. I'm not sure why, other than the routine of hospital life, but after we fed her we were trying to put her in her crib each time. In the hospital she would tend to alarm quite a bit if we held her after a feeding or even during a tube feeding so I guess we assumed she would do best at home in the crib on her 30 degree angle. However, she mostly cried and sometimes spit up over the last few days when put in the crib after eating.

So, today I held her after each feeding. She and I both liked this a lot. She would almost instantly fall asleep on her tummy on my chest and sleep straight through to her next feeding. Of course this means I couldn't really move all day long but it was a nice way to spend a Saturday. She and I got to watch the Michigan at Minnesota football game. Having been in a sports coma since July I had to take the announcers word for it that Michigan was bad this year and that Minnesota was pretty good. From what I saw the world has not changed as much as the pre-game hype would have led me to believe.

The bouncer did buy us 10 minutes or so for breakfast and another for dinner. Quick confession. Many of the meals that were made for us in August have stayed in our freezer until now. It was just not practical to eat them when we wanted to spend as much time as we could with Hailey in the hospital. Well, we are making use of the meals now. Tonight it was Apricot Chicken.

Hailey still has not pooped despite upping her pear juice. The gas she passes is strong enough maybe there isn't really a need. Just kidding. Worst case she has her doctor's appointment Monday morning.