Here are the notes we had prepared for what we attempted to say at the funeral:
We would like to thank each of you for coming today. We thank you for your calls, your emails, your cards, your gifts and flowers.
Most of all we thank you for your prayers.
There is one gift that has stood out as the most meaningful to us this past week. Tuesday we received a single white rose with a poem attached. It was sent anonymously, so we may never know who to thank.
We are going to attempt to read the poem. I'm not sure how we think we can since we haven't read it yet without breaking down. The words are in the program...
Mommy and Daddy
Sorry I didn’t get to stay.
To laugh and run and then to play.
To be there by your sides each day.
I’m sorry that I had to go away.
God sent me down to be with you,
to make your loving heart anew.
To help you both look up and see
Our loving God and little me.
Mommy & Daddy, I wish I could stay.
Just like last night when I heard you pray.
But, all the angels, they did cry
when they told little me to say goodbye.
God didn’t take me because He’s mad.
He didn’t send me to make you sad.
But to give us both a chance to feel
A love so precious .. don’t you see?
Up here no trouble do I see
and the pretty angels sing to me.
The streets of gold is where I play
you’ll come here too, mommy & daddy, you’ll come some day.
Until the day you join me here,
I’ll love you mommy and daddy, oh so dear.
Each breeze you feel and butterfly you see,
brings love and kisses straight from me.
I love you. Ryan

