2,485 grams = 5 pounds 7 ounces
Hailey's feedings have gone up to 50ml but they have not gone that well. Too high a percentage of the feedings are by the tube. Plus she had one spell this morning that was bad enough they gave her a little oxygen. The nurses who worked with her today think that a Tuesday discharge is seeming less and less likely.
Julie and her boys brought us a home cooked meal tonight. Julie visited Hailey with Christine while the boys and I played Bejeweled, Bejeweled 2, and Halloween Bejeweled on the computers in the family lobby.
Even if Hailey does not make it home on Tuesday this could still have been the last shift with Nichole. In the early days when Hailey seemed so fragile, Nichole was always there to reassure us and encourage us to hold her. "She's fine." "She'll be fine." "It'll be fine." Always said with a smile and a bubbly sense of confidence that was hard to ignore even when we were worried. As we moved past the worries of holding Hailey, and started the various stages of concern about Hailey's vision she has continually reassured us about the odds of success with the laser surgery.
When we aren't there she writes us emails "from Hailey" telling us about the various fun times they have together overnight. Here is the first email from Hailey dated 9/21:
Hey mom and dad!
The most exciting thing happened tonight! Are you ready?... I found this thing attached to my hand and it's really fun to suck on. I had to check it out for about 10 minutes or so. My nurse explained to me it's called a thumb. I rather like it. But it brings about a dilema... thumb or pacifier, thumb or pacifier... (yawn)...I guess I'll have to sleep on it. What do you think?... (yawn)....
Nighty night.
Hailey

